Angie has over 23 years of experience in the accounting and finance and has served in leadership roles within public accounting firms and public and private companies. As an audit quality partner Angie provides audit quality and consulting services to her clients. Prior to joining HKG, she served as CFO and VP Controller of a biotech public company and VP Controller of a PE backed company. Prior to these roles, she was an Audit Partner with Ernst & Young in Los Angeles, leading audit teams and other financial engagements for numerous public and private healthcare and biotech companies.
Angie has significant experience in both the financial reporting and operational aspects of healthcare organizations as well as strategic planning, analysis of complex business transactions and tax issues, cash management, financial forecasts, Sarbanes-Oxley implementation and monitoring, and regulatory and compliance filings. She has significant experience working with high growth (VC/PE backed) companies, IPOs, international accounting (IFRS), debt offerings and mergers & acquisitions.
Angie serves as a peer reviewer for CPA firms in California and holds a license to practice in California. She has served on the Board and/or Committees of Self Employment Loan Fund; Southern California Biomedical Association, O&E Workplace Advocates and Union Station Homeless Services. She is a two-time Finalist in LA Business Journal’s “Women Making a Difference”.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting, University of Tulsa
- Masters of Business Administration, Arizona State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Audit, review and compilation
- Internal audit
- Mergers and acquisitions tax structuring and cash optimization
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings and Sarbanes-Oxley implementation
- Biotech / Pharmaceutical
- Manufacturing / Distribution
- Private Equity Industries
- Not-for-Profit entities
- Professional Services
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Southern California Biomedical Association
- Women Founders Network / Broads Circle