Tax Controversy Services
At HKG, LLP, our Tax Controversy Team has advised clients on disputes in every significant area of federal taxation, from the audit level to IRS appeals. We are experienced in negotiating favorable administrative solutions, and we are equally skilled at trial, should litigation be the best course of action. We assist companies across a wide range of industries, as well as tax-exempt organizations.
We know that federal reviews of tax returns are increasing, so it is vital to properly plan for and manage IRS examinations in a proactive manner. We can help you with all aspects of an examination, from the initial response and representation to dispute resolution, penalty mitigation, and filing of amended returns.
Our Tax Controversy Services
- Representation before the Internal Revenue Service at the field audit and appellate divisions
- Representation before state and local tax authorities at the field audit stage and the appellate division of each jurisdiction
- Correspondence with federal and state agencies
- Representation before local tax authorities regarding property assessments, exemptions, and abatements
- Pursuit of tax rulings and approvals from federal, state, and local tax authorities
- Providing analysis and assistance to client’s attorney in connection with litigation involving tax matters
- Filing in Tax Court when necessary to resolve issues